Monday, May 7, 2012

Cornhole Game



"Hey Kay, look this up for me!"  That is what I love to hear my Dad say to me over the phone, and I never know what it is he is trying to find out about.  Tonight, he asked me to find where he could get a game that reminded him of horseshoes but it is played with a strong sturdy bean bag and you toss the bag into a hole in a slanted wooded box and the game is called "Cornhole." 

I have spent some time looking at these games and it looks to me as if they are anywhere from $80.00 and up.  When I told my Dad this, he said, that was too much and did they have any instructions on how to make one.  They do.   Watch and learn. 

Now, Daddy, you do know that Father's Day is coming up.    Would you like this as a present?  Or would you honestly have more fun making this game yourself?  Let me know!

Now, does this make anyone want to run out and make this for themselves?    Of course, you never know, someone might be looking for instructions on how to make this game and stumble upon this blog.  If so, I hope this helps you and I hope you have years of enjoyment from it.  As for me, I am hoping that my Dad will let his children buy it for him and we will have great fun with it on Father's Day!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Corn Hole. Sophie does too! Just today I was driving home though a neighborhood close by. Some random man was playing Corn Hole in his driveway, in the middle of the day by himself. Right as I drove by, his bag went straight into the hole. I laughed and gave him a Thumbs Up sign. It was so funny and he smiled. One of those random but nice encounters. So I had to laugh to myself when I saw that you posted about Corn Hole tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Audrey,
    Thumbs up! How funny that happened just today! :-) Until tonight, I had never even heard it called that, I would have just said "a beanbag toss game" but my 85 year old Dad has to say, "No, Kay, it's called Cornhole!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this game before. And this is one of the reasons why I so enjoy following your blog: I often learn from you about people, places and events I didn't know existed!

    Love your header picture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Meike,
      Thanks!
      Your life is enriched because of my plastic bird feeders, my walking, my 3 ingredient cookie recipe and now, how to make a cornhole! I hope you can handle this cultural overload.
      Love,
      Kay :-)

      Delete
  4. It's coming up to Mother's Day here! Happy Father's Day for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Paul,
      Oh yes, Mother's Day is this Sunday here too. Mother's Day is in March in England. New Zealand celebrates it the same day as the USA? I didn't know that! :-)
      Happy Mother's Day this Sunday in the USA and New Zealand and wherever else in the world too!
      (Father's Day is in June, but that gives us some time to get the cornhole game, if that is what he wants.)

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of this before either. Let us know if you get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tracey,
      I will and it sounds like fun. My Dad had played this somewhere and was good at it! I think that is why he wanted to find one!

      Delete
  6. I would have called it a a beanbag toss game, too. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw what it looked like. You learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Martha,
      Ha! Me and you both! When did this word for it come about, "cornhole"? I swear this same game was at my son's school when he was growing up and it was called a bean bag toss. Perhaps by re-marketing the name, it made it popular with older children and adults?

      Delete
  7. There are versions of this that we have played at a local, small yearly fair. It is fun, so either way, i hope you get to play with your Father on Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mimi!
    Thanks, so do I! I saw a great commercial about New Orleans on TV yesterday, I will visit your blog now and tell you about it!
    Happy Mother's Day to you on Sunday, by the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dad sounds cool! :) But don't forget that Mother's day comes first. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Denise!
    My Dad is the BEST! And I don't wait until Father's Day to let him know that. Not likely to forget Mother's Day, and I hope my son won't either! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love corn hole too--hands down our favorite toss game. Seems like it's growing in popularity--great for summer time get togethers. Hope you had a blast on Father's Day with your Dad. Nice blog--thanks!

    ReplyDelete