Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 In Photos

Several bloggers have posted a photo (or two) from each month of 2016.  (Jenny Woolf and Ellen Honeycutt are two that I have seen!)
So, I thought I would show you some photos from my 2016...


In January, my Dad had to go into the hospital.  My company sent him some lovely flowers and in this photo, he is very happy to be home and posing with his bouquet. Look at that smile!

My niece, Katy, had her bridal shower in February and everyone was asked to dress in black and white...
 I wrapped her present in all white but I couldn't resist crocheting the black and white flowers and attaching them to her wrapped gift!
At the base of Stone Mountain in March...I remember I had to research the name of this flowering bush.  I will have to go back and read it again...dang, if I can remember its name! (I do remember that it is not native...only thing I remember about it!)


April...my birthday month! I took my birthday off and went on a hike with Ranger Robbie at Arabia Mountain and he took me to a spot where the mountain laurel was just beginning to bloom. What a nice present that was.

In May, we visited our son in Cobb County, Georgia.  The photo above is at Marietta Square.  (Loved the foxglove!)

June-  I went on a Moonlight hike at Panola Mountain!


July- My Dad planted one acre in sunflowers.  We didn't have much rain so they didn't grow very tall but they were still beautiful to see.


August is hot in Georgia but the slender dayflowers still managed to bloom at the base of Arabia Mountain.


September was special for us, that was our visit to England!  In London, this photo that Richard took, of the Shard (the very modern building) with the spires of Southwark Cathedral, was stunning to me!
October, we still enjoyed the Yellow Daisies that we love at Stone Mountain and Arabia Mountain but they are not the only yellow flowers we love...the above photo is of the coreopsis.

Goodness, I also had a November and December but I am having a bit of trouble loading these photos so, I will stop here.
Took some time for me to choose pictures, Richard really does take some good ones, don't you think?

Wow, just looking them over, I seem to really like flowers, don't I?

Wishing all of you a blooming good year!  Happy 2017, my friends!





27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Many have said that 2016 was not a good year but we need to count our blessings every year!

      Delete
  2. It was really nice to see your year summary. Hope you, Richard and Christopher all have a super 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, John! We wish the very same for you and your family also! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a good way to remember the past year! You are right, it is difficult to choose which pictures to represent each month, when there is always so much going on in our lives. But I think you chose well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meike! I honestly didn't think it would take me so long, Richard's photos are just that good!
      (Of course, Richard didn't take a few of these, including the one at Stone Mountain, we think a fellow walker took that one of us!)

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year. Pictures do a great job of helping us to remember just how the year went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year to you also! I love your blog, MA, it is one that makes me smile and think every time I read it.
      x

      Delete
  5. You certainly did see a lot of flowers in 2016. Here's hoping to a 2017 that is full of just as much brightness and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mark! It is no wonder you are a published author, you know just the right way of expressing things!
      Happy 2017 to you!

      Delete
  6. That's a lovely idea, Kay, and a lovely reminder post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to look back over this year, and since I just saw my Dad the same day that I wrote this post, it was good to remember how grateful I was when he recovered from his illness.

      Delete
  7. A lovely year, looks like. Happy New Year to you and yours, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you, Lynn! Hope to meet you one day! Why not sign up to walk up Panola Mountain and let me know and we could walk it together? Come on, you know you want to!

      Delete
  8. Great photos! May you (and Richard) take many more of them in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debra! I wish the same for you and yours!
      Guess what! My son got me the Monkees CD for Christmas and that song that I like so much, "She Makes Me Laugh", reminded me of YOU! Just had to tell you that! HA! :-)

      Delete
  9. You had a beautiful year, and i hope your computer behaves so you can post the rest.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing seems to mind me, even my computer!
      Happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  10. This was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the story of your life in 2016 in photos! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! Happy 2017 to you too!
      Stay warm!

      Delete
  11. HAPPY NEW YEAR, Kay!!! I really enjoyed your photos from 2016 and I wish you all the best in 2017....much good health, happiness and prosperity! XOXOXO, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AUDREY! So happy to see your smiling face here with your comment!! I have missed you blogging so much, but I know you are busy with your girls! I wish you all the best in 2017 also! xx

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful way to reflect on the year! Loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paula Kaye!
      Thank you! My husband takes a lot of the photos on my blog...if you see one out of focus, that most likely is one of mine! LOL!

      Delete
  13. And a Happy 2017 back to you and yours, Kay. :)

    ReplyDelete